ENGLISH...
This alien language remined serious trouble for most of my friends. Not because the language was difficult to learn, but the lecturer was quite a strong lady. Who had in mind one thing only, that even today most lecturers have "Never show friendliness or fear in front of college students on the first day". The first day, she frowned at everyone at large. She kept her face in such a way that she never had a smile.
She gave home works to do the first day for English. She knew that since English is not an important subject, students may not care for it or her. So she always told anyone whom she sensed trouble, that their internal was with her and if she gave a zero in internal, one would never get an Engineering Degree. Since everyone were new, and we already had been threatened enough by our Engineering Mechanics sir, no one made a small sound. There was pindrop silence and it continued in the English class until the end of the year.
We had English practise lessons, where we were given some booklets with blanks to be filled. It was interesting, but what I didn't like all through was the attitude of the lecturer who could have been better. Meanwhile all through the English class I had made another friend Santosh. He is from Tiruvannamalai. A very nice guy always talks funny, sometimes gets very serious.
Then during our Lunch time, I spoke with few more guys. We had our Lunch arranged by the college management. The Lunch was extremely good, It tasted so good that I thought even the lunch prepared by my mother may not be so good.I think, it could be partially due to the reason that I was very hungry. We had another interval session in the afternoon and the college ended early around 3:30 PM. I was quite happy, because now I could have my own personal time in the evening. But throughout my journey back home on the bus, I was thinking about the English class, and about how I'm going to survive the repression.
No comments:
Post a Comment